Previously invite-only program rolls out to SoundCloud Pro and Pro Unlimited creators with eligible content, at no additional cost.
SoundCloud, the world’s largest open audio platform, today announced it is expanding its direct monetization program, SoundCloud Premier.
Since inception, SoundCloud Premier has empowered creators to grow their careers by combining a leading revenue share with SoundCloud’s tools to instantly share, connect and interact with fans worldwide. With the program’s expansion, SoundCloud offers the power of direct monetization to many times more creators than any other audio service.
“SoundCloud is the world’s largest open audio platform, with content from more than 20 million creators,” said Kerry Trainor, Chief Executive Officer, SoundCloud. “Expanding SoundCloud Premier’s direct monetization offering from thousands, to hundreds of thousands of eligible creators is an exciting step in our commitment to empowering as many creators as possible to grow their careers first on SoundCloud.”
SoundCloud Premier members and alumni represent an incredible range of creators who are shaping music culture including Chance the Rapper, Kali Uchis, Lil Uzi Vert, $UICIDEBOY$, Alina Baraz, Towkio, Louis the Child, Lil Yachty, Bryson Tiller, blackbear, MadeinTYO, Metro Boomin and many more. Beginning their careers first on SoundCloud, today these creators’ accolades include GRAMMY Awards, MTV Video Music Awards, BRIT Awards, chart-topping hits and sold out shows around the globe.
$uicideboy$, SoundCloud Premier creators: “The SoundCloud community has supported us since day one, and as we’ve continued building on our success we’ve been excited to encourage, and even inspire a whole new generation of creators on the platform to build theirs.”
VASSY, SoundCloud Premier creator: “I love being part of the SoundCloud Premier program; there are so many benefits to working with SoundCloud. The unique platform offers a strong community where creators can share, collaborate and acknowledge one another, as well as giving creators flexibility and control over their careers, so they can share their music with their fans directly while making money.”
About SoundCloud Premier :
Joining SoundCloud Premier offers independent creators:
- Leading revenue share: SoundCloud meets or beats any other streaming service.
- Instant availability: Eligible original tracks are available for immediate discovery and monetization – no waiting.
- Direct connection with fans: Likes, comments, follows and reposts in real-time from SoundCloud’s global community
- Fast payouts: Creators get paid directly each month.Creators who meet the following criteria are eligible:
- SoundCloud Pro or Pro Unlimited subscriber
- Only original music can be monetized, creator must own or control all applicable rights
- No copyright strikes at time of enrollment
- 18 years old or age of majority in their country
- Creators will be contacted via email and in-product notifications when they receive access to the program. The program roll out will begin with eligible creators with at least 5,000 plays in the past month from countries where SoundCloud listener subscriptions and advertising are available (US, UK, Canada, Australia, France, Germany, Ireland, The Netherlands, New Zealand), and will scale over time. For more information, creators can visit https://creators.soundcloud.com, and follow @creatorsonSC on Twitter for the latest news and updates.