It’s no secret we’re big fans of Larse. Having initially broken ground last summer with vocal gems like like ‘So Long’ (Noir Music) and ‘The More I Want’ he has had a landmark few months. Alongside his own productions he also got the illustrious pleasure of remixing the legendary Candi Staton. The sumptuous ‘Hallelujah Anyway’ which was released via Defected went on to become an island wide anthem in Ibiza and one of the biggest records of the year.
This Sunday he makes his very first visit to Ireland to play Lost Society courtesy of promoters Residence, who have recently added a more underground edge to their previously mainroom adventures.
We caught up with the Dortmund based DJ and producer to get the latest on what he’s up to and how things have developed for him over the past few months.
1) Last summer things really kicked off. Can you tell us about how you got to that stage; the fore of dance music? And maybe a little about your work with Candi Staton on the anthem ‘Hallelujah Anyway’, how did that come about?
Haha…the fore of dance music ; ) After I did “So Long“, I got in touch with Defected, Simon Dunmore charted the track, and asked me to do a remix for Defected. I refused the first offers cause I was looking out for the perfect track to mix, Then they sent me “Hallelujah“… it was love on the first listen and i wanted to do it without any question! The success of the Mix is crazy, I just heard it was #1 in South Africa and is currently Top 20 in Belgium…as I said, really crazy;)
2) You have a long running show on 1Live radio on Friday nights, has your extensive experience there helped you develop your career? With your recent successes has it been tough to commit time to the show?
I’m doing this for such a long time now and I know that things need time. That’s the main thing i learned from all those years. The show is a solid base to spread quality club music on the radio, which I guess is important, for the listeners and for me. But it is a fact that a live broadcasted friday night show makes it hard to satisfy the demand of bookings as I can`t do proper touring< /span>
3) Last time we talked you identified your next move as ‘working on new tracks, different styles’. Remixing Feed me and Crystal Fighters certainly seemed to fit that bill, can tell us a little bit about that remix?
When i got the request to remix Feed Me and Chrystal Fighters i was really surprised because, the sound is not what i’m used to listen to… BUT, the vocals kicked it for me, great lyrics and chorus. So i decided to give it a try and I really got into it. It developed really fast and was pure fun to work on it…even Feed Me himself was into it.
4) What are your plans for the summer (another vocal anthem in the works perhaps)?
Maybe yeah…but not as a remix, hopefully as a LARSE track, that would be nice…seriously it will be time for an original release again….but, there will be some interesting mixes comin up too.
5) Finally first time playing in Ireland, what can we expect from your set in Dublin?
Yeah, it’s my first time comin’ to Ireland, and i’m really lookin’ forward…You can expect a journey to different Styles in House Music as Shirley Lites said: “Heat you up, melt you down!“
Tickets for what will no doubt be a journey through the groovier side of house music are available via Resident Advisor: